Red Hattitude - Etiquette
There have been more than one (two, or even three ) reports recently that we Red Hats may be wearing out our welcome at various restaurants and/or businesses and that would be a shame since we do love to eat and shop!
I know, my group and yours is perfect and certainly none of the following apply. However, if you will pass this on to "those other ladies," perhaps we can share the fun and joy of our friendship with those around us.
When we go out as a group, we are:
1. Larger than many other groups because everyone wants to come along,
2. Louder than some other groups because we are having so much fun,
3. Staying longer because we have so much to talk about,
4. Asking for more service because we really do need separate checks and,
5. Think substitutions should not be a big deal because it is just a
The reality is that:
1. Larger takes more service,
2. Louder is disturbing to others and it is harder to be of service,
3. Longer means wait staff doesn't get a turnover and, therefore,
makes less in tips, and,
4. We manage to get separate checks and make substitutions and
split meals BUT somehow all of that is forgotten when it comes
Please remember that anyone wearing purple with a red hat is everyone in the Red Hat Society. If businesses enjoy one of us, they welcome all of us. Reversely, if one of us is perceived as being ______ (fill in the blank...loud, obnoxious, cheap, rude, etc.), then all of us walk away with the same reputation.